I recently got my license to sell real estate. Instead of being excited about getting my license and being able to wheel and deal houses, I am very nervous. I know that many real estate agents are nervous when they first get their license as they want to make sure that they come off polished while they are still young and fresh in the business. I know that when I found out I would be selling pflugerville real estate I had to know how to say the name of the town right or I could literally embarrass myself right out of a sale or potential client. Using the agents in my office that are familiar with the area, I asked them to help me say the name as well as remember how to spell it so that I wouldn’t have to carry around the name of the hotel with me every place that I went.
There are a lot of people that are shy about not being able to pronounce things and I think that I am one of them, however, if it is going to keep me from doing business and keep me from working with people then I am going to have to get over it. I once saw a person’s name on a name tag that I had no idea how to pronounce, so I asked the person how to say their name once and I put it in my head to keep after. When I asked the person how to pronounce it, she was more than willing to tell me and I am sure that she appreciated the fact that I took the time to ask how to pronounce it instead of embarrassing her or myself. I was happy to see that she was willing to tell me.
Sometimes it is necessary to ship your car off to a far away distance without you. This might become necessary when you go on a vacation across the country and are taking a plane to get there, or even when you decide to move to a new country. Either way, you will need to find a way to get your car to the final destination without breaking the bank. If you don’t know how to do these, then read on and you will learn how to ship your vehicle to a new destination, whether it be to a different state or a different country.
- First, decide when you want to ship your car. If you are moving the car within your own country, it will take about as long to get to its destination as it would take you to drive there. If you are shipping overseas, it could take considerably longer, and you may want to ship it before you leave.
- Research different moving companies in your area and see which ones fit your needs the best. Do some looking online once you have narrowed your choices down to two or three. Search for reviews on the companies, and use these to help guide you when making your decision. Make sure the company’s prices are in your budget range, make sure they ship to the destination you need, and make sure they are aware of what type of vehicle you are going to have them ship.
- Be sure to check out what insurance options that moving company has. You will more than likely want to get some sort of insurance placed on your vehicle as it is being shipped, especially if it will be travelling for long distances or overseas.
- Know how payment has to be made well in advance. Some companies have you pay them before the car gets shipped, while others choose to receive payment after everything is said and done. Know beforehand. Another thing to ask for and know about beforehand is estimated pick-up and delivery dates.
- Before your car is shipped, make sure you take all of your things out there. Anything of value to you should be removed from the car and packed up. This is because your personal possessions are not covered by the shipping companies insurance should they get damaged or go missing.
- Lastly, make sure your car is still in the same condition as when you shipped it on delivery day. Note any dents, scratches, or any other damage or things that just seem off. By doing this on delivery day, not anytime after, you will have a much better chance of being able to file a claim and getting reimbursement for the damages. If you wait until after the delivery people have left before you notice damages, it will become quite tough to get any reimbursement at all for damages applied to your vehicle, so do this straight away.
When you send items overseas, it is easy to automatically assume that all of your items will arrive to you in perfect condition, even if no precautions are taken on your part. Sadly this isn’t always true. Many times with overseas shipping your items will be jostled around endlessly, and with more fragile belongings, this could spell disaster. To add injury to insult, your packages and cargo may be thrown around my careless workers, or even left out in bad weather for hours on end, even in rain or snow. The good news is, even though you can’t 100% guarantee your items will all arrive in tip top shape, there are some measures you can take to help ensure that they remain as safe and sound as possible.
- First, only ship what you will really need. If you ship off everything you own, trying to stuff your entire life into a container, not only will the fees associated with international shipping be enormous, but there were also be a higher chance of something getting damaged. If there is more stuff there, people may think that the possibility of you overlooking something is high, and may use this as an opportunity to break or steal your personal belongings.
- Next, if you are really concerned about the items you are shipping overseas, than be sure to get insurance on them. Make sure you go through a transport company that offers you a good range of insurance coverage options, and take one that fits your needs. By doing this, you won’t have to worry so much about things getting stolen or damaged, because if you get a good moving insurance coverage on these items, the insurance company will have to replace the items should something drastic happen. You have the option of getting insurance on everything you ship, or just the select few items that have the most value to you, like your furniture and vehicles.
- Next, be sure to work with a trusted company that has been around for a number of years. Don’t go with a brand new company with no reviews or experience, by doing so you won’t know what to expect. Use a company that is well known for its good services, and you will be more likely to hit the jackpot, and have all of your personal belongings delivered to you without so much as an extra nick or scratch. Experience and good reviews make all of the difference in company choice.
- Lastly, if the company gives you the option of your items being delivered straight to your new home in the overseas country, it is not always a good idea to OK this option. Instead, pick your items up yourself as soon as it enters the new country. By doing this, you are handling the luggage instead of people you don’t know, and the risk of damage and theft is greatly reduced to a minuscule level.
When you make the decision to move to a new country, there Is a lot of work involved when you actually make the big move. You have to choose a house, become an expat in the new country, and most importantly, figure out a way to get all of your personal belongings, and even your furniture, into your new home in your new country. There is a lot of things to do when moving to a new country.
If you plan on making the big move, it is important to know the facts about overseas shipping. It is not as easy as packing it up in a box and sending it through the mail when shipping overseas. Here are some things you should know about shipping thing overseas.
- There are many different shipping companies out there. You should look up all the companies that cater to your area, and do some research. Check out their options, prices, delivery estimates, and reviews: see if these are mostly positive, negative, or somewhere in between.
- When you ship things overseas to a different country, you have to abide by the rules and regulations of both the country you are shipping from, and the new country you are shipping too. Do some research before you ship out your items, and see what regulations are set in place by both your country you currently reside in, and your new country your belongings are being sent overseas to.
- Depending on how you send things and what you are sending, sending personal belongings overseas can become very pricey. Ask knowledgeable people in the industry how much everything will cost, and if there is any way to reduce costs and lessen the financial burden that shipping overseas imposes. If need be, choose only what is absolutely necessary for you, and leave the rest behind by selling it or giving it away for free.
- Be sure to follow all packaging recommendations and instructions you are given. Proper packaging of your items can save them from harm. Overseas shipping can be risky, depending on which route you decide to go, and your items can be stolen, broken, or otherwise damaged, especially if poorly packaged.
- Labeling your package is required, and you can get advise on this from your freight forwarder. A basic minimum amount of information is required to be labeled directly on the package. Some examples of information that would need to be labeled on the cargo is what country it is coming from, weight, and how many packages there are grouped together. This information needs to put on the cargo in both your language and the language of the country it is being shipped out to.
- Depending on what you are shipping, how much of it you are shipping, and of how much value it is to you, you may want to get insurance on your shipment, especially If it is furniture or a vehicle. There are a variety of insurance options available for you to look into when shipping personal belongings oversees.
When you need to ship something larger than average, like furniture or a vehicle, whether it be because you are moving or some other reason, you won’t be able to use standard shipping methods, especially if you are shipping to a different country or even overseas. Instead, you will have to use a cargo service, commonly called freight shipping, to get your items to their final destination. We all know the different service standard shipping providers offer, but many of us have no clue were to start when it comes to freight shipping. So, here are a few options available to you, and the advantages or disadvantages of using them.
- If your piece of furniture is relatively small, weighing in at 70 pounds or less, you can use the good old US Postal Service. This is a reliable service that is relatively inexpensive, and best of all, your package will arrive directly where you want it to – even if it is right at the door to your new home.
- Greyhound is another viable option. This option allows slightly larger packages than the US Postal service, but nothing monumental can be shipped through them, like a vehicle. This service is reliable, and can be very cost effective, especially if you are a student and receive their 25% off special.
- You can also send packages using Amtrak. This one can be tricky, and delivery times aren’t always the best. Your packages can be up to 75 pounds in weight, and there can be some restrictions on what can be sent using this method, unless your items are tightly sealed in a box.
- Airborne Express is one way you can ship slightly bigger pieces of furniture. This method provides you with a fast delivery time – one to seven business days, so it is pretty convenient. Items can be up to 150 pounds if you decide to go this route.
- Another option that lets you ship packages up to 150 pounds is The United Parcel Service. With this method, door to door shipping is used, making it easy and convenient. Along with that, you can track your shipment, and it will usually arrive within five days.
- There are also freight shippers especially designed for overseas shipping or large packages. There are pretty much no limitations here, but your packages may not come out as safe with this method, and the delivery times are random and can be a long wait.
- Lastly, you can rent a large truck to ship the belongings yourself, as long as you don’t have to go overseas obviously. By renting a normal sized, 10 foot truck, you can fit enough furniture for a small apartment. If you aren’t concerned about furniture, it is also very possible to fit your vehicle in one of these trucks, if that’s what you need. This method is convenient, none of your stuff will be broken or stolen, and delivery is as quick as you want it to be.